Char Nolan - Ask Me Anything (Office Hours)
Bring all of your questions for one of Rouxbe's Chef Instructors!
About this Event
Join Chef Char Nolan in her virtual office as she welcomes all of your questions. This event was created for you and we encourage you to ask anything – from cooking techniques to course-specific questions, to how to turn your cooking passion into profit or simply hearing the perspective of a professional chef, Chef Nolan is ready to answer them all.
About Char Nolan
Char Nolan is a serious crusader for plant-based education, armed with a degree in public health from Philadelphia’s Temple University. She teaches nutrition and plant-based cooking throughout Philadelphia, and in many underserved communities. Char holds a certificate in plant-based nutrition from eCornell and completed Rouxbe’s Plant-Based Professional Certification course in 2015. In 2019, Char completed post-graduate course work in social media marketing at the University of the Arts. When she is not cooking or teaching, she manages social media accounts for several plant-based influencers.
Char prides herself on learning everything she knows about cooking from growing up in her grandparents’ Italian restaurant. Her favorite vegetables are Brussels sprouts and kale, of course. Char originally hails from Queens, NY, but has lived in Philadelphia most of her adult life. She is a former Peace Corps Volunteer.
Tuesday, August 16th
Share this Event:
Related Video FAQs:
- I just froze avocados but I peeled them first, what is the difference?. I just pulled two halves out a defrosted them and made a nice salad. Skin or no Skin?
- How do you make soy milk from soy beans?
- I can’t eat chick peas, what can I use in place of them?
- What are a few good knife brands And what 3 knives would you buy?
- I sold my Excalibur 9 tray dehydrator last year and now I need to purchase a new one
- I have an abundance of ripe avocados and already made guacamole any inspired ideas for the remaining 4?
- Do you have a favourite method for cooking dry chick peas and do you re-soak them. I find when I pre-soak I get a more mushy pea?
- In Unit 1 I it says that we do not use oil because it is processed (we keep just the fat of the olive rather than eating it whole). But then in the sweetener section it says that we can use date sugar. How come? Isn't it also processed?
- There is a recipe for cultured cashew cream cheese in the Rouxbe recipes. What probiotic can I use to make this?
- Could you recommend a good dehydrator? Brand,Vertical, horizontal, layers??
- Do you have favorite fruits for this time of the year, late summer?
- I'm interested in tips for reducing recipes to serve one-two people.
- What is the best way to peel onions? Also what is the best way to get the onion residue off your fingers, lemon juice?
- What is the best technique to peel/process an avocado? (i.e., cutting sequence)
- I noticed in the no oil sauté section it says to use a stainless steel pan. Can I use my nonstick pan?
- I am sensitive to tofu. What is a good plant-based substitute?
- I need to know which stainless steel pan to buy please.
- I am interested in how you started your business and what kind of support you found as you were getting started.
- Would it be better to freeze mushroom and kale burgers raw or cooked?
- What would be the best way to preserve kale so that I can eat more of it instead of it dying out before I can eat it up?