Fran Costigan - Fran's 7th Annual Valentines Spectacular
About this Event
Join us for Fran Costigan's 7th annual Valentine's Day Spectacular live event, where renowned pastry chef and vegan dessert expert Fran Costigan will be showcasing her delicious and indulgent plant-based creations. This year's event promises to be even more romantic and memorable, with a variety of sweet and savory treats. Don't miss out on this unique opportunity to treat your sweetheart (or yourself!) to the ultimate celebration of love and vegan desserts!
Bring your questions and enjoy this annual event with Chef Fran!
About Fran Costigan
Fran Costigan is internationally renowned as the authority on vegan desserts. Trained at the New York Restaurant School and Natural Gourmet Institute, Fran was a chef in both traditional and vegan pastry kitchens before moving into teaching over 20 years ago. A lifelong chocoholic and long time vegan, Fran’s latest book, Vegan Chocolate: Unapologetically Luscious and Decadent Dairy Free Desserts, (Running Press 2013) is for all who madly, deeply love chocolate desserts, whether or not dietary considerations are an issue.
Her previous cookbook, More Great Good Dairy-Free Desserts Naturally (Book Publishing Company 2006) is the basis of the Costigan Vegan Baking Boot Camp Intensive®.
For more information, www.francostigan.com.
Wednesday, February 8th
Share this Event:
Related Video FAQs:
- I cannot use chocolate - the theobromine gives too many side effects, is there a good carob sub?
- What is a good brand of vegan yogurt and type of vegan yogurt to use in baking recipes?
- How does psyllium husk / powder work in gluten free baking? Is it possible to use it in muffins and cakes?
- If you use an obscure ingredient will you please outline where to buy it, how to store it and for how long?
- The first ingredient in many vegan butters and mayo is oil. Is there another substitute for oil free preparations?
- I see coconut or palm oil used frequently in baked goods. I'm concerned about the saturated fat content. What do you recommend as a substitute?
- Will your chocolate cake recipe from the course work in a silicone mold?
- Can you give words of wisdom on using gluten free flour for your cakes and having the same wonderful results?
- If making oat milk from cooked oats would you recommend steel cut or rolled oats and what proportion of oats to water?
- I’m having a terrible time trying to make vanilla pudding. Plant milk, cornstarch, sugar, vanilla...weeps liquid by next day. Any idea what I’m doing wrong?
- In your cookbook, Vegan Chocolate, the recipe for Very Fudgy Brownies (pg 128) calls for the batter to rest for ten minutes before baking. What is the reason for this step?
- Would you please talk about the process of tempering chocolate? And please discuss when you should and when it's not necessary to do so.
- Is it worth the money to invest in a pasta making machine and if so- which do you recommend
- Does the cream dispenser work for aquafaba whipped cream?
- Can you talk about the various types of chocolate and how to decide which one to use?
- I have a favorite banana nut bread recipe which lists butter. What would be a good substitute in a plant based diet?
- Is it possible to make vegan milk chocolate ganache and vegan white chocolate ganache?
- Is there a secret or formula when making desserts on how to not use standard sugar and substitute with maple syrup, honey, monk fruit or coconut sugar?