Fran Costigan - Thanksgiving Desserts with Essential Vegan Desserts
About this Event
Learn key vegan pastry and baking techniques to elevate your desserts this Thanksgiving.
Chef Fran Costigan, Rouxbe’s Director of Vegan Pastry will offer her top tips from her Essential Vegan Desserts Course for successful desserts. She’ll showcase a variety of holiday desserts that are suitable for all people, whether or not dietary considerations are an issue.
From mastering pies and tarts to creating delightful stovetop desserts, Chef Fran’s presentation promises to have something for every dessert enthusiast. Bring all your questions, Fran will be ready for them!
About Fran Costigan
Fran Costigan is internationally renowned as the authority on vegan desserts. Trained at the New York Restaurant School and Natural Gourmet Institute, Fran was a chef in both traditional and vegan pastry kitchens before moving into teaching over 20 years ago. A lifelong chocoholic and long time vegan, Fran’s latest book, Vegan Chocolate: Unapologetically Luscious and Decadent Dairy Free Desserts, (Running Press 2013) is for all who madly, deeply love chocolate desserts, whether or not dietary considerations are an issue.
Her previous cookbook, More Great Good Dairy-Free Desserts Naturally (Book Publishing Company 2006) is the basis of the Costigan Vegan Baking Boot Camp Intensive®.
For more information, www.francostigan.com.
Tuesday, November 14th
Share this Event:
Related Video FAQs:
- What is a good flour mix for gluten free desserts?
- Which one dessert would you serve to a non-vegan family?
- Any tips or suggestions on getting started in the culinary field? Enjoying the courses online.
- What alternative to sugar do you recommend that’s not an artificial sweetener?
- Do you have a recipe for vegan (faux) "whipped cream"?
- I have tried and failed to create a rich, dense gingerbread loaf. I have achieved a delicious ginger cake crumb but that's not what I'm after, any thoughts?
- What tips do you have for decreasing the fat and sugar content in baked goods?
- Is there any way to make a vegan Pecan Pie?
- What is the best oil to use for baking?
- Can you talk about Tahini?
- Do you have a favorite scale?
- Can you share any suggestions for a vegan cheesecake made without tofu?
- What are some of your favorite go-to vegan Thanksgiving desserts?
- What type of gluten free flour would you recommend for gluten free pie crust?
- Can you talk about a Pear tatin?
- Can you talk about your Robo Coupe?
- Can you explain about your vanilla pastry cream?
- Any gluten and dairy free dessert options including pears and almond flour?
- Do you have a recipe suggestion for vegan whipped cream?
- I teach oil-free options for my coaching clients like apple sauce, vegan yogurt, etc. What are your favorite options and how/when to use?
- How can I make my sweet potato pie fluffy?
- How can I make a vegan crème beulee without coconut cream?
- I make my own “confectionery sugar” using maple sugar. Is it necessary to add 1 T of corn starch/per cup.
- Would love to hear best suggestions for pumpkin pie (cashew vs tofu vs other options) and best crusts to go with it (nut based vs. gluten free graham cracker vs pastry).
- Could you please suggest some uses for leftover, broken meringue cookies?