Julieanna Hever - Ask a Dietitian
About this Event
Join Plant-Based Dietitian Julieanna Hever for this deep-dive on your questions and concerns about nutrition!
About Julieanna Hever
Julieanna Hever, M.S., R.D., C.P.T. is a Registered Dietitian, the host of the wellness talk show series What Would Julieanna Do? on Veria Living Network, author of the best-selling book, The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition, the upcoming The Vegiterranean Diet, and the nutrition columnist for VegNews Magazine. Julieanna co-authored The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Gluten-Free Vegan Cooking and is a recipe contributor to both New York Time Best-Selling Forks Over Knives books.
She counsels a variety of clients throughout the world from her Los Angeles, California-based private practice including elite athletes, adults, and children with various nutritional and/or medical concerns.
Julieanna received her Bachelors degree from UCLA and Masters of Science in Nutrition at California State University, Northridge, where she also completed her Dietetic Internship. She has taught as part of Dr. T. Colin Campbell’s eCornell Plant-Based Nutrition Certification Program, worked as a clinical dietitian at Century City Doctors Hospital, and consults for numerous organizations.
To learn more, visit Julieanna at her website: PlantBasedDietitian.com
Thursday, December 14th
Share this Event:
Related Video FAQs:
- Is there a concern about getting too much selenium from eating too many brazil nuts?
- You mentioned "c" vegetable for hypothyroid what is this?
- What do you recommend as far as soaps and shampoos go, because there are so many ingredients in them that I don't have any idea what they are?
- Would i get the same nutrition value jucing greens as i would trying to eat nearly the same amount ?
- Any suggested alternatives to nutritional yeast in recipes?
- What specifically is the danger of heme iron?
- Do you recommend using one of the vegan protein powders for use in smoothies?
- What is your personal supplementation?
- What food within the WFPBD is not recommended when someone is on thyroid medications?
- If you are borderline hypothyroid, what foods do you recommend to help support the thyroid and/or pituitary?
- How can I find a plant based physician/dietitian in my area to work with me to fight type 2 diabetes?
- I have type 1 diabetes and i tend to get hungry between meals, what snack foods do you suggest that are healthy and wont spike my blood sugar so high before eating my next meal?
- For someone with a family history of Heart Disease, besides being plant-based, what is the one thing you'd recommend?
- What are your thoughts about jack fruit? I've been told it's a good meat substitute.
- What do you recommend for acne? I am currently plant based and all of the sudden I started getting acne again! Any comments?
- I am a recent vegetarian. Eating mostly greens and some fruit. Not eating much grains or rice or wheat. Im always hungry.
- When will all the gasiness go away? I have been eating plant based for 6 weeks now and I can't go out in public!
- I started into FOK plant based eating a few months ago. About a month into it, I had bloodwork done (90-day re-check) and my cholesterol numbers had actually gone up! What should I be aware of?
- Can I still get enough protein without soy?
- Any suggestions for recent vegetarians with low energy and pale skin (despite acceptable iron level)?
- Is Himalayan or Sea salt better than standard table salt?
- What do you think about the no dairy , no animal fats , no fish such as rip endorses?
- My husband has a few friends doing that crazy high protein / no carb diets. I know as a vegan how crazy this is! Please help me with explanation of how this is more dangerous than good. If that is how you feel?
- Any tips on eating well as a vegan while keeping Vitamin K levels low?
- What's a good brand for sublingual B12?
- Can you share some tips on being a vegetarian while being a beginnner athlete on a gluten free/ low carb diet?
- What are your thoughts on the effectiveness of green coffee bean extract for health and weight/fat loss?